The rapid advancement.

First of all I would like to state that what I will be writing about is not going to be geared entirely to the technology savvy. I would like to gear this excerpt on one or more experiences that I had with technology and why I believe people should be into some type of tech their lifetime particularly in this era. My considerable reason for this statement would be because this specific topic is an ever growing line of work that is getting more and more involved as the years pass.

This amazing Journey into this vast profession started when I first put myself in the jump start of the technology industry by being offered a job at a local kiosk that revolved in cellular accessories and phone housings (basically taking phones apart and putting them back together with new external parts). I learned very quickly that the cell phone industry in itself was a huge part of the crucial advancement that was quickly making its way to the top of the consumer market. As I was getting more knowledgeable within such a popular market I noticed everybody was getting more and more into cell phones.  This primarily allowed me to realize that this was not the only style of technology making a rapid appearance. From standard flip phones (which I still see as a regular style phone used up until this day) I was able to see in increasing value that included the improvement that introduced the first touch screen phones, Apple.

One Comment
  1. This doesn’t read like a memoir. It starts out more like an argument about the importance of technology, rather than a personal experience that *ties* to technology. Just as family and relationships are easy for memoir, but harder for some of the other essays, technology is easier for argument but maybe harder for memoir.

You could write about your work experiences, though I’m not sure that would be your best choice. I’ve had gamers who write about that world and its importance in their life–but they would do it by bringing the reader *into* the gaming world by describing a particular “session.” I could also imagine a memoir about addiction to technology of some sort and its impact on relationships, work, school–falling into that addiction or breaking free from it. You could write about *using* technology to learn something or connect with someone, or about some experience where a piece of technology was key. (Have you seen that short film “Noah”? I just put a link to it on reading journal–it’s filmed entirely as screen shots.) I could write about how technology augments my relationships with certain people (sisters, daughters), not by writing about things in general terms but by describing specific incidents.

I think you’ve going to need to write another rough draft here in order to come up with something that fits the memoir genre. You can turn it in when the final draft is due, then have a bit more time to get some feedback from me and revise…we’ll negotiate.(And feel free to email some rough draft suggestions if you need feedback on what might be most workable.)